Login Timeout Error
A login timeout error might happen in 3 different scenarios. It might happen if your internet connection is having difficulties, if our site is having difficulties or if a proxy setting on your device is blocking you from logging in.
Login Timeout Error on app
1. Check your internet connection. If it's not working, then you need to fix this in order for the app to login.
2. Check our website is working fine (www.teachyourmonstertoread.com). If you can visit other websites but not ours then check that your IT administrator has white-listed / safe-listed our website. If they have safe-listed our site and the website isn't loading at all, then please let us know that our website isn't working.
3. If our website is working but you just can't login on the app, then please see our advice on checking your HTTP PROXY: https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/help/error-messages-on-the-app
4. Try on a different internet connection (i.e. if you're at school, try at home and see if it works there).
If you can't get access to the app login feature, remember you can still create players directly on the app (and even play offline) and you can also play for free on our website via PC or laptop.
Login timeout error on website
If you're trying to login on our website (not the app) and you're seeing the login timeout message, then please can you refresh your web page using Ctrl + F5 and try again. If the error is still occurring, please email us with a screenshot of the issue.
I was stunned to see how much they enjoyed this. It blew me away.
- • Covers letters and sounds to reading full sentences.
- • Designed in collaboration with leading academics.
Why is the computer version free?
The game has been funded by the Usborne Foundation, a charity set up to support initiatives to develop early literacy.
Our mission is to help as many children learn to read as possible. The computer version is 100% free and we put profits from the app back into the Usborne Foundation, to continue to create new and exciting ways for children to learn.
The charity was founded by Peter Usborne MBE and his children, Nicola and Publishing, one of the world’s leading children’s book publishing companies and Children’s Publisher of the Year 2012. He was previously one of the founders of the magazine Private Eye.
What age is it for?
The game is for children in the first stages of learning to read, or for older children who need a bit more practice. Read more details about the three games.
How do children learn from the game?
The game takes children on a magical journey, meeting colourful characters along the way and collecting fantastic rewards. When children are engaged, they’re motivated to learn.
As they progress, they rehearse a range of essential reading skills; matching letters to sounds, blending, segmenting, tricky words and reading full sentences.
Find out exactly what the game covers.
Will it work on my device?
The game runs on any normal laptop or desktop computer (including Apple Macs) and the app works on iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle tablets.
Who are The Usborne Foundation?
Peter Usborne is the founder and Managing Director of Usborne Publishing, one of the world’s leading children’s book publishing companies and Children’s Publisher of the Year 2012. He was previously one of the founders of the magazine Private Eye, and was recently awarded an MBE for services to publishing.
"I was stunned to see how much they enjoyed this. It blew me away."
"The kids absolutely love this game - and they're learning!"
"This is a fun and engaging way to help your child learn to read. My son warmed to the game quickly and didn't want to stop playing it!"
This is a fun and engaging way to help your child learn to read. My son warmed to the game quickly and didn't want to stop playing it!